Floor plans are actually a language used in architecture and construction field to communicate with spaces and get an overview of the structure as a whole or any individual space.
Floor plan gives you a bird’s-eye view of the entire structure. It is a scaled overview of a room or bungalow or building as drawn by an architect. It presents the relationship between rooms, furniture, spaces and shows the dimension lines indicating measurements for how long things are in real life.
It also serves as an important medium of connection between the architect, builder and the client. It gives the technical analysis of the structure and the exact calculative measurements required on site as well as information regarding the area specifications to the end user. Plans also are easy to carry and transfer information in a very simplified fashion to the end user.
Top 10 Benefits of Preparing Floor Plan for a House Construction Project
1. Ideas to Visuals
- The main benefit of floor plans is they serve as the perfect medium for visualizing the ideas of the architect in reality to the end user.
- It gives a sense of satisfaction along with a virtually real space experience in actual dimensions and with measurements.
2. The Guide
- It serves as a useful guide for the workers on site as well as for the end user who will buy the space.
- The onsite working people use it to make the spaces more accurate area wise and it serves as a very handy tool for the end user to verify the area and space specifications before paying for the space.
- It basically serves as a connection with reality and on paper design.
3. Less Scope of Errors
- It indicates all the detailed dimensions and the column placement accurately with exact measurements making it a perfect approved blueprint for the design.
- It helps to reduce the number of on-site errors and ease out the changes that need to be made prior the execution of the design.
- The design can be changed as many times as required by the client at the plan stage and hence this reduces the on-site errors making the construction process faster and easier for the engineer.
4. Satisfaction of the client
- It is the only on paper proof of the project for the client to verify the design in reality after the completion of the project.
- It serves as a vital verification proof and a satisfaction link between the client and the engineer on completion of the construction.
5. Barrier Free Construction Process
- It is the most important paper on-site to guide the construction as well as communicate with the workers.
- It also helps the workers to refer to the dimensions and material checklist and make it easier for them to order the materials prior.
- Plans also help to maintain the ease of communication between the engineers and the on-site workers fastening the process of construction.
- The detailed plans also help to maintain the common language of communication between various authorities of government for approval and the on-site engineers.
- Thus, reducing the delay in sanctioning the permissions and also avoiding the delay due to the materials availability.
6. Aid in Interior Designing
- Plans help to plan out the interior spaces wisely prior the construction begins.
- They help to plan out the placement of the furniture along with the landscapes around.
- It helps to calculate the available open spaces in the interiors for free circulation and the used up areas under furniture placement.
- Thus, avoiding any mistakes after execution and the spaces can be adjusted at the planning level as per the furniture placement and availability.
7. Understanding The Circulation Space
- The most useful benefit of plans is the self-explanatory circulation between the various spaces and the connectivity between them.
- The circulation helps to revise the plans and make them barrier free with no negative spaces left out.
- This helps to understand the connection between various public and private zones in the structure making it easier for the client or the end user to understand.
8. Key Communication for Real Estate agencies
- Plans help the real estate agents to explain well the projects according to their client requirements.
- They can easily explain the circulation, carpet area calculation, space specification and space planning with the help of these plans to the end user or their client.
9. Technical Solutions
- Plans have various types and accordingly they help the desired department to plan out their requirements without any hindrance.
- For example the services department can plan out the services without hindering the working spaces with properly hiding out the services.
- Thus, each department can communicate easily with their individual specifications on the same plan merging together in the end to execute the entire structure.
10. Location, Access and Orientation
- City level urban plans help to locate the exact structure on map as well as in reality with ease and can be accessed as guided by the city plan.
- The orientation of the structure can be well understood with the north sign being the most crucial part of any plan and help to study the environmental aspects of the surroundings.
Thus, plans serve as an important key element for the ease of communication and a link of understanding the structure as well as creating a connective link between the engineer with other employees as well as their clients.